Tiramisu is my favorite Italian dessert. It is really soft and has coffee flavored taste to it. I have had it multiple times in Italy. This Tiramisu recipe is from my native Italian friend, Giulia.
1. 300g savoiardi cookies (ladyfinger biscuits)
2. 4 fresh eggs
3. 220g mascarpone
4. 500g sugar
5. 100g coffee from the moka già (as much sugar as you want)
6. 300g bitter cocoa powder
- Separate the egg white from the egg yolk.
- Whisk the yolk with half of the sugar until the cream is light and foamy.
- Wash the whisker and whisk in mascarpone for some time.
- In another large bowl, beat the egg whites and remaining sugar until stiff and glossy peaks form.
- Fold egg whites into mascarpone mixture.
- Add some milk (just a few drops) to the coffee.
- Put a layer of a cream in the bottom of an oven pan (30×20 cm), dip savoiardi quickly into the coffee and arrange them in another layer (do not soak the ladyfingers in the coffee for too long or your Tiramisu will turn out soggy).
- Spread half of the mascarpone mixture on top of the savoiardi.
- Top with another layer of dipped savoiardi.
- Spread remaining mascarpone mixture evenly on top of ladyfingers.
- Level the cream and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
- Sprinkle with cocoa powder immediately before serving.